Discussion relating to the B&O up to it's 1972 merger into Chessie System. Visit the B&O Railroad Historical Society for more information. Also discussion of the C&O up to 1972. Visit the C&O Historical Society for more information. Also includes the WM up to 1972. Visit the WM Historical Society for more information.
  by msernak

I was not sure whether to ask this under this thread or B & O's, but here goes anyway. Did any covered wagons or Alcos ever make it to Chessie? If so were any ever painted in Chessie colors?

by Tadman

I've seen pics of Chessie RS11's, and I know the Clinchfield F's made it to CSX bright future livery, but they skipped Chessie as they were under a different root of the family tree. I can't recall standard WM/BO/CO covered wagons in chessie yellow/vermillion/blue.

by N. Todd

RS-11s?! noooo... Neither C&O, B&O or WM ever had those.
C&O had now-extinct RSD-7s, B&O, RSD-15s. I dunno what became of the C&O units, but none of the RSDs made it into the Chessie era.
Three B&O S-4s got Chessie paint. Two went to Naporano.
  by cw cabin

I do have an HO scale covered wagon engine that came boxed in a set that is painted in Chessie colors, looks pretty cool. Would of been nice to see one painted in Chessie colors.