• Conway Scenic Railroad Discussion (CSRX) - 2011

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by gokeefe

Silver Lake,

Since the Barlett Roundhouse is such a worthy project I'd suggest that you 'take the next step' and sponsor their trip.

They could use any additional publicity and support.
  by SilverLakeRailroad

gokeefe wrote:Silver Lake,

Since the Barlett Roundhouse is such a worthy project I'd suggest that you 'take the next step' and sponsor their trip.

They could use any additional publicity and support.
What do you mean; a combined trip?
  by gokeefe

Silver Lake,

Absolutely, why not?

They could use the extra publicity and exposure on other websites. You might have contacts with people that they otherwise wouldn't cooperate with. This makes the entire undertaking more likely to be successful if you can combine your potential ridership. More importantly it also helps a good cause that is directly related to railroad history preservation.
  by Otto Vondrak

Reader#108 wrote:HHMMMM.....perhaps the pot could be split and throw a roundhouse tour in...
I think there's still some insurance concerns regarding public access to the roundhouse property...

http://bartlettroundhouse.blogspot.com/ ... ut-us.html

-otto-
  by SilverLakeRailroad

I talked to Paul- I think we will do it with the Bartlett Roundhouse Group!

More info very soon!
  by SilverLakeRailroad

Ok, here's the scoop. NERFS and the Bartlett Round House Preservation Club will be teaming teaming up for a trip along the entire line (Notchland South) on Saturday june 11th! The plan is to go to conway, redstone, and notchland, using the Millie RDC. We will hold a bunch of Photo-Runby's. The trip is scheduled to take Six hours total, departing N Conway at 10: 30 AM, I am also thinking about running a quick SLRR trip up that portion of the Conway Branch line at 9:30 That Morning. If that is the Case, CSRR would pick the SLRR riders up at Conway Yard at 11AM, and shuttle us back at the end of the day!

Tickets will be available on the Conway Scenic's website next week!

Free "Will Scopa" coloring books will be passed out to all riders on the "Willie", and CSRR will supply the crayons left over from their Thomas Event! :-0 Please pardon my hideous punctuation and Spelling!

-Will Scopa
SLRR Volunteer
NERFS Site Owner
  by SilverLakeRailroad

yes everyone, thanks for the ideas! I hope many will enjoy this 5 hr trip! We need 20 minimum to make this happen, so sign up asap!

I have a flyer for the event. Paul will offer them at springfield, or you can download em from my home page "new england railfans.com"

I'd upload it here, but I don't know how to do that. If anyone does, download it from the site, and upload it here!

Thanks to the BRHPC and "uncle" Paul for making this idea an actual event!

Brochure: http://tinyurl.com/46sangp
Last edited by SilverLakeRailroad on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by daylight4449

so, who's going to be at amherst this weekend? i heard from a little birdie on facebook that otto is going to be there, as well as dan lambert and his crew that are trying to save the eastbrookfield depot. anywho, CSRR is doing a model of 252 this year from athearn, and the pre-production modl will be at the show. also, it looks like CSRR is looking to do models of each one of their locomotives, i think they already covered 573, and they are looking into doing 7470. it does look like the USRA 0-6-0 from proto 2000 could be used (this info is off the CSRR facebook page). they also found a prestine brocure from the wolfeboro railroad in the wall of the mens room, as well as a hidden door.
  by Cosmo

Well, this ties in directly with CSRR,...
I saw some G scale CN 0-6-0's that were a good match for 7470...
my "evil plan" is to one day have one (possibly in Live Steam) to do "Steam In The Snow" specials in my backyard. :wink:
It was nice to meet Mike M and Paul H up there. I can't figgure how ANYBODY can not like CSRR. :razz:
  by 44 tonner

I imagine that there are a few people that don't like it for reasons... It's like why people don't like me, per-say. Now there is a lot of snow in the Valley. (Just as an update)