• Conway Scenic Railroad Discussion (CSRX) - 2011

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by Cosmo

Trainlover479 wrote:and if i were broke, would my dad have not been able to purchase a 1950's FULLY RESTORED Fairmont MT 14 Converted to diesel by the railroad it worked for, powered by 2 cylinder kibota diesel engine, and hydrolic turntable for $5700? my father is a VP in Fidelity Investments so...... i could buy the horn and bell off of them i would at least buy the horn because i want to have one for the speeder, it has an ok "horn" thing but i want a real train horn mounted on top of it! :D
I think you and Dylan should have a talk about funding.
  by gokeefe

I agree with Cosmo.

If your family is interested in a discussion about supporting some railroad heritage non-profits in Northern New England there are plenty of folks on this forum who would be more than happy to sit down and talk.

Otherwise it simply isn't polite to discuss money out in the open. You may want to check with your parents regarding discussing their places of employment on the Internet, especially if they are in fact that senior. Are they even fully aware of what you posted? Somehow I doubt it. I think for the sake of privacy and safety we would all encourage you not to mention that again. The moderators or the site admin can probably help you delete the reference if need be. Just send them a private message.
  by steamer69

I agree with Gokeefe and Cosmo.

I think that this was a learning experiance for young Trainlover479. Train talk good....braudcasting your current portfolio bad.
  by passumpsic1

ya bud. there's 3 things you don't talk about. your personal life, your financial life and your religious life.
  by Engineer999

BTW: air horns like that on a motor car are not sanctioned by NARCOA. You can be dismissed from a motor car run if you are not careful.
  by Trainlover479

ok sorry, i know i am bragging and ill stop, though i am looking forward to the notch ride in june, gona be one heck of a trip going over the frankenstien trestle........... so how about we talk of the 1751 and 1757 again??
  by daylight4449

BR4 wrote:Stop bragging.
I'd be bragging in his position. Maybe he just needs to reign it in a bit. Trainlover, please, DON'T BE LIKE ME! Learn before it's to late ;)
  by gokeefe

So I sort of thought I had been paying close attention but maybe I missed something...

Right now there's an engine in transit to CSRX that is or will be owned by #470 Club (or CSRX?) which apparently has a high likelihood of providing a "donor" motor to #4268? Also there's another GP-7/9 coming from somewhere else (Silver Lakes?) as well? Is all of this real or just speculative.

I understand #470 Club has confirmed some of the details but it seems as if there is "off-site" information that is being assumed as known.

[EDIT: spelling]
Last edited by gokeefe on Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by MEC407

Yes, there are two GP9s that will eventually be coming to Conway Scenic. One of them is a former New Hampshire Northcoast locomotive which has been purchased by the 470 Railroad Club (reportedly as a parts source for 4268); the other is a former Finger Lakes locomotive which Conway Scenic is receiving in trade for Conway's U23B and B23-7. Finger Lakes already has several of those on its roster, so it's a good swap for both parties.
  by Badandy

"the other is a former Finger Lakes locomotive which Conway Scenic is receiving in trade for Conway's U23B and B23-7. "

Is this unit, low, short hood? Andy
  by passumpsic1

to Badandy its a high nose
  by CSRR573

I would like to be but after some run ins with Vic and some of the MBRRE higher ups, I don't feel like getting yelled at again...
  by Reader#108

573.....we are chasing......follow the crowd man, he'll/they'll be on the train. I go to support the railroad, not MBRRE.

I happen to agree with you about Vic, it is the ONE and only reason that I haven't joined MBRRE....