• Conway Scenic Railroad (CSRX) discussion thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by steamer69

That would look nice....once the engine under the paint is running right.
  by p42thedowneaster

I'm not sure I really like the simple green MEC scheme...I'd go for the 3-stripe( green version of 573). Or what about the NHN scheme? 1757 will likely be delivered as such....it would be cool to have two 175x Locos painted in a CSRR version of the nhn scheme with angled nose striping on both ends
  by steamer69

That is a good idea, but as the conversation on here has been going....that's not "authentic".....

You are right though, I wouldn't think that 470 will poney up the money to paint the "donor" for Frankinengine just to turn around and scrap it out. I think that the "donor" will most likely stay in some sort of modified NHN scheme. If they painted the geeps, I kind of like the flying bananna scheme that is on #216 and #252.
  by 44 tonner

Just letting you all know I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth... just been really busy with work and sorts.
  by merrman

Opening day today looked pretty sucessful. Pretty good crowd on both trains. 573 performed
well. She looks good, appears she had a wax job recently. Very nice day with pleasant temps,
plenty of sun, and no snow to be seen anywhere except in the distant mountains.
  by steamer69

Dick H wrote:with Mr. Hood back at the controls for another season.
LIKE BUTTON!!!!!
  by MEC407

Found some rare footage of 573 running on Conway Scenic as CSRX 27 in modified Guilford paint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpU6Y78H21A