• Coast Line Trains

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by transit383

If you go to http://www.railpictures.net and do a search for NJ Transit (search photos by date added), the latest additions (taken last week) show both GP40FH-2s and F40PH-2s on the Coast Line.

Since the GP40FH-2s are now common on the NJCL and the RVL, does this mean that those two lines will be the first to see the PL42s?

by nick11a

Yeah, I check railpictures for new photos everyday. And who knows where the PL42s show up. But my guess is they'll probably be sent down the NJCL.

by Jtgshu

nick11a wrote:Yeah, I check railpictures for new photos everyday. And who knows where the PL42s show up. But my guess is they'll probably be sent down the NJCL.
I think the opposite, I think any line that goes on Amtrak will be the last to see the PL42's (AC, NJCL, RVL) becuase of the uncertainty wiht new equipment, and the mess that NJT had with the intro of the '46's, along with the C5's. I would expect that the are held to maybe the Bay Head shuttle only, and Main, Bergen Boonton, etc line service where they can stay relatively close to the shops.........

by nick11a

Jtgshu wrote:
nick11a wrote:Yeah, I check railpictures for new photos everyday. And who knows where the PL42s show up. But my guess is they'll probably be sent down the NJCL.
I think the opposite, I think any line that goes on Amtrak will be the last to see the PL42's (AC, NJCL, RVL) becuase of the uncertainty wiht new equipment, and the mess that NJT had with the intro of the '46's, along with the C5's. I would expect that the are held to maybe the Bay Head shuttle only, and Main, Bergen Boonton, etc line service where they can stay relatively close to the shops.........
Well yeah, that makes sense, but after the teething phase is over, then we might see them down on the NJCL.