Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by JayMan

If any cataches one of the new Cingular commercials, there appears to be a (very brief) shot of section of railroad tracks that looks just like the entrance to the Park Ave tunnels around 9x St. There are several trains in the shot, what looks like a bunch of M7s and some M1/3s, however, there a six tracks in the shot, while we know the Park Ave tunnel only has four. What is this? Is this not what we are in fact seeing? Is this perhaps further up the line, maybe at Mott Haven?

by DutchRailnut

no the combined shots are at north end of park avenue tunnel but were computer enhanced to include 5 or 6 tracks to show the bars of signal strenght for cingular

by bingdude

I thought it was a doctored shot of Park Ave. I couldn't see how they would have gotten the trains to line up like that and still have the line open.

by mncommuter

by JayMan

Yep, that's it. All M7s (quite possibly multiple images of the same train), and obviously doctored to add the fifth track.

I guess it makes sense why there were no M2/4/6s or diesels in the shot. :wink: