• CHW/CHE Maps

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by Umblehoon

Does anyone have any old maps of the R8 & R7 Chestnut Hill routes? In particular, I'm looking for those old enough to show any stations that are now abandoned.
  by Matthew Mitchell

Umblehoon wrote:Does anyone have any old maps of the R8 & R7 Chestnut Hill routes? In particular, I'm looking for those old enough to show any stations that are now abandoned.
Can't help you with the old stuff, but during the SEPTA era, R7 Fishers (between Wayne Jct. and Wister, MP 5.7) and R8 Westmoreland (between North Phila and Queen Lane, MP 5.5) were closed. Westmoreland was a stone's throw from the R6 Allegheny station.
  by JimBoylan

Here's a photo of the old Wister station on the South side of Wister St. being torn down as part of the grade crossing elimination for electrification:

phillyhistory.org/PhotoArchive/Detail.aspx?assetId=51979
  by JimBoylan

About the same time, the Mermaid Lane or Mermaid station at Mermaid La. was abandoned. There are photos on the Internet in the Barringer collection.
  by mohawkrailfan

Matthew Mitchell wrote:
Umblehoon wrote:Does anyone have any old maps of the R8 & R7 Chestnut Hill routes? In particular, I'm looking for those old enough to show any stations that are now abandoned.
Can't help you with the old stuff, but during the SEPTA era, R7 Fishers (between Wayne Jct. and Wister, MP 5.7) and R8 Westmoreland (between North Phila and Queen Lane, MP 5.5) were closed. Westmoreland was a stone's throw from the R6 Allegheny station.
SEPTA eliminated Nicetown, Tioga, and Fishers on the CHE line. You can see a full list going back a century at Wikipedia.