Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

by tun

I want the black shirts with the line number/letter on the front with the destinations right below it in underlined white text. Does anyone know a cheap place either in the city or online that I can get them? I went to the Transit Museum in Grand Central but they were out of size large for some reason. And it was 20 bucks + tax there.

by uhaul

Check out eBay.
www.ebay.com

by tun

uhaul wrote:Check out eBay.
www.ebay.com
they show up occasionally on ebay but it's never the size or line that I want. I'm looking for a black 7 shirt in large if anyone can help. ;)

by Majinvegeta

There is one place near chinatown right next to the J,M,Z,N,Q,R,W and 6 Station. The ones i saw were the A,D,E,F,Q,R,1,2,3,6,7,and 9
  by Allan

tun wrote:I want the black shirts with the line number/letter on the front with the destinations right below it in underlined white text. Does anyone know a cheap place either in the city or online that I can get them? I went to the Transit Museum in Grand Central but they were out of size large for some reason. And it was 20 bucks + tax there.
The Transit Museum is the only place you will find them that cheap (aside from the occasional ebay auction). Other places in NYC (souvenir stores)want $24.95 and up.

Find someone who is a Transit Museum member and ask them to buy if for you from the TM. Members get a 10% discount.

Online (aside form ebay) you won't find it any cheaper. Even if you go to the website of the company that makes those T-shirts (below) it will be the same price as the Museum (and then you have to pay shipping).

http://newyorkcitysubwayline.safeshopper.com/

Why not wait a bit until the TM gets a new shipment in (or try the TM store in the Museum itself in Brooklyn).

by arrow

You could go to cafepress.com or a similar site and make a shirt that's close to the one you want.