• Caboose Rides In NH

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by MickD

Wasn't there an operation that operation in New Hamphire that offered
caboose rides during the winter months?I remember reading about it somewhere 2 or 3 years ago.

by b&m 1566

There is no railroad operation in New Hampshire that operates cabooses during the winter months. All scenic railroads... Conway Scenic Railroad, Hobo Railroad, Lake Winnipesaukee Railroad, and the Wilton Scenic Railroad (Wilton maybe gone for good), all operate on state owned tracks... So far all state owned tracks operated by scenic railroads close at the end of December and don't open up again till March/April. There is a caboose train that runs during the summer months from Concord to Lincoln but all cabooses are privately owned and its more of a club event that happens once a year.

by SLR 393

You can buy caboose ride tickets on the Hobo at various times during the year, they have "Leo's Party Caboose". We chartered it three years ago on one of the foliage trains, it was fun and a great way to spend the day. Well worth the extra cash.

by MickD

Thanks.I thought I remembered seeing something a few years back in railpace about them in New England and that it had been in New Hampshire.