• C630M in HO, Canadian Roads

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by timberley

Hi all!

Here's another bit of good news for any Canadian modellers, especially those who have been longing for accurate Canadian Alcos, and modelling from the '60s onwards. Bowser has just announced a run of HO scale Alco C630M locomotives, with a score of accurate Canadian details such as accurate horns, bells, plows, fuel tanks, Dofasco trucks, and working ditch lights; available as DC (with DCC ready 8-pin) or DCC with sound.

Take a look: http://bowser-trains.com/New_Products/N ... 0C630M.htm

I'm personally especially excited for the Cape Breton and Central Nova Scotia Railway units, something I wasn't expecting to see any time soon (if ever)!
Enjoy :)
  by Montrealrail

I can get on at the museum :-D

I'm thing about to ordering one on CPR flag..

Friend of mine get one and it look great for the details,much less redetailing to do compare to some other model builtders..
  by Dieter

Good news, I will order one in CN. I assume it's a metal shell with a Stewart drive?

D/
  by graftonterminalrr

Nope. Plastic shell, upgraded Stewart drive, new Dofasco trucks. We're not far from an M636.
  by p42thedowneaster

I'm liking the BC rail red white blue scheme!
If it runs anything like my exec line U25B, then I will be ordering 2!
  by apratt

How am I going to justify to myself buying the WNY&P unit...
  by scharnhorst

apratt wrote:How am I going to justify to myself buying the WNY&P unit...

buy an undec
  by Dieter

Still waiting to see ANYTHING in CFMG or CFBC. CFMG was reabsorbed into CN, so fat chance!

D/