Forum for the discussion of the Budd Company and Budd-Thyssen through bankruptcy. Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budd_Company

Moderator: John_Perkowski

by shadyjay

Anyone know the plans for these cars? Going back to DRM after repairs? Going to operate somewhere? Can't see all this restoration work being done at "far off locations" just for the train to sit on display.
  by daylight4449

shadyjay wrote:Anyone know the plans for these cars? Going back to DRM after repairs? Going to operate somewhere? Can't see all this restoration work being done at "far off locations" just for the train to sit on display.
The roger williams has been in lincoln for two years now. What's the word doc?
  by BowdoinStation

Last time "Bowdoin Station" went to rip it up at Cannon Mountain a couple of weeks ago, I saw the Roger Williams Budds in a total hibernative state for the winter, as was all the other equipment for the Hobo Railroad up there..
  by daylight4449

BowdoinStation wrote:Last time "Bowdoin Station" went to rip it up at Cannon Mountain a couple of weeks ago, I saw the Roger Williams Budds in a total hibernative state for the winter, as was all the other equipment for the Hobo Railroad up there..
Well, that makes sense. Most of the equipment would need to be drained. Why, I have no idea. I'm not a scientist, at least not yet anyway ;)