• Boonton Line Freight Service

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by ErieLimited2914

Howdy. I searched and searched, and I'm positive there is no thread about this yet. Or at least not one that I could find.

When does NS run down towards Lincoln Park/Mt. View to serve their customers? I remember (I believe in 2007) on Thursdays before the 4:34 NJT stop in Lincoln Park, an NS freight idled on the siding until it passed to continue west (some times east with a caboose as well). Anyone know the train designations or times that they run?
  by Nasadowsk

Is there some freight that tends to come through Lincoln Park at around midnight? I swear I hear a weirdish horn and non EMD locomotive at around midnight (plus up to an hour) a lot of nights, ep in the summer when I've got windows open...
  by Shark

Yeah, that's the ghost of one of those Boonton Line "Through Freights" that were discussed in the NJ Rail forum.
  by ErieLimited2914

Shark wrote:Yeah, that's the ghost of one of those Boonton Line "Through Freights" that were discussed in the NJ Rail forum.
Ghosts of "Through Freights" past and the ghost of H-02 yet to come. Every now and then I catch a caboose coming through there. One time it was just a GP-38 (?) and a bay-window on a caboose hop heading east. I caught a picture on my phone, I'll see if I can find it.
  by blockline4180

:P
Shark wrote:Yeah, that's the ghost of one of those Boonton Line "Through Freights" that were discussed in the NJ Rail forum.

Yup, some people like to blast air horns out of their house windows!! Makes for nice ghost freights! :P
  by nick11a

Yup, take your conversation there. The train is usually run through the siding regardless of whether or not they will be passing a train there.