• Bnsf container train hits bridge on bnsf aurora line

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by steve4031

Im on 382 returning from a points run to mendota. 382 is stopped near Lagrange park. The conductor announced that a Container train hit a bridge. All traffic is stopped.
  by steve4031

After about 45 minutes 382 backed to Lagrange road. Busses were called with a predicted arrival on midnight. I called and uber and it arrived 5 minutes after 382 got to Lagrange road. I'll be home before the busses arrive.
  by Backshophoss

Per the WBBM stream,all BNSF/METRA trains are effected by this bridge strike,
investagation and cleanup are ongoing at this time.
  by Gilbert B Norman

Backshophoss wrote:Per the WBBM stream,all BNSF/METRA trains are effected by this bridge strike,
investagation and cleanup are ongoing at this time.
Concur this report was aired; I learned of such over the "good old fashioned amplitude modulation airwaves" tuned to 780.
  by BostonUrbEx

Backshophoss wrote:METRA
This was the only clue as to where this incident occurred in the whole thread.

Not to make a big deal out of nothing, but in the future, when posting in a forum as broad as "Amtrak," it is helpful to know where we are talking about. :)
  by Backshophoss

The "Racetrack" has the Chief.the CZ,the ILZ,and the "Sandberg" sharing space with BNSF/METRA commuter service,
its a given that BNSF+ Metra are the "host RR's" involved
  by steve4031

I Was on amtrak 382 when I first posted. I described where we were stopped and where we were let off the train. I figured the train number and the locations of Lagrange park and Lagrange road were clear as to where I was when I reported this. The conductor only stated that a container train had hit a bridge. He did not state where this happened. I assumed it was one of the overhead bridges between Lagrange park and the Cicero yard.
  by Engineer Spike

I used to run on that line. The restrictions are on the BRC bridge, just east of Cicero station. Tracks 4&5 are undercut for stacks. I can't remember without digging out my old timetable, but a bridge near Western Ave. is low, and possibly one of the CTA viaducts.

No restrictions for the CN at LaVergne