• Blissfield Model Railroad Club

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

by ToledoTerminalRy

The Blissfield Model Railroad Club will be open to the public on Saturday and Sunday October 21-22, 11am-4pm. Stop by and see the progress we have made, Huntington Yard is now up and ballasting is almost done. This is our last major expansion, so for those of you who have been up before it will look extremely different. For anyone who hasnt been up, we are located on route 223 in Blissfield on the right side just a few building past the Adrian Blissfield Railroad passenger station. If you choose to visit the club on saturday morning you can also bring some extra cash and ride a real train on the Adrian & Blissfield about 12:30. Much to do and see so come visit us.

http://www.blissfieldmrc.org

by chessie8212

Sounds like something I might have to check out. Layout looks great in the photos!

I've always been interested in joining the club, but can't afford $300 bucks a year to be a member on a college budget.

by railohio

If you can swing the drive from Toledo have you considered joining the club in Montpelier?

by chessie8212

I wasn't aware that there was one in Montpelier. Is there a website to check out for more info? I'd be willing to make that drive once and awhile.

by railohio

I don't believe they have a web page. Just a bunch of old guys, you know. :-D

I'm not a member yet but I've been meaning to. I'll dig up some contact information and send it in a PM.

by nycrick

There's also a club in Elmore, OH located in the old passenger station. They meet at 6:30P every Monday. Elmore is SE of Toledo on St. Rt. 51. :-)

by chessie8212

nycrick-

I've been past that station about a gazillion times in my life (Lived in Fremont as a kid and my dad was all for taking the "back way" to Toledo any time we came up here on Rt 51) and never knew there was a club there.

Any info on that one? Type of layout (HO, N, etc) and RR modelled?

by nycrick

I've never been there either. But according to their flier I picked up at the last Rec Cntr. train show they have HO, N and Lionel layouts also they're involved in restoration of old train cars. :-)

by ToledoTerminalRy

Since im a member at Blissfield I go up there almost every meeting(Wed 7-9, Sat 11-4). If anyone wants to join but the ride is too much I live in Oregon, go through Toledo, and wouldnt mind picking someone up, just let me know, I dont mind.

Everyone should list all the model railroads they know of in Ohio(area), sounds like not all of them are known about.

Ryan

P.S. the Big Sandy photo (mountain shot) doesnt do any justice, Its much better in reality.
  by esprrfan

Swanton Model Railroad club, meets 1 Friday of every month at the cop shop in Swanton. They have N, HO and O gauge layouts. I'm not in it because I don't have the time but I can give you a POC if you'd like, just drop me a note.