• Best Place to see Toasters and ALP-44 before retirement

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by nova08

As it relates to the ACS motors. There have been a number of test runs on the Norristown line within the last week. At least 5 runs.

On 10/15 I saw either a toaster or ALP-44 leading a gel train down the Norristown line.
  by CNJGeep

2301 and 2307 are assigned to two of the three gel trains.
  by CNJGeep

That was quite a few days ago and as far as I'm aware was the last trip for either of those units. 2306 is still at Frazer, pans up, as a spare.
  by CNJGeep

I have heard from a wee birdie that December 1st would be a good day to be along the PH Line if you want to see an AEM-7 running one last time.
  by mcgrath618

CNJGeep wrote:I have heard from a wee birdie that December 1st would be a good day to be along the PH Line if you want to see an AEM-7 running one last time.
Which line would that be?
  by andrewjw

mcgrath618 wrote:
CNJGeep wrote:I have heard from a wee birdie that December 1st would be a good day to be along the PH Line if you want to see an AEM-7 running one last time.
Which line would that be?
I suspect that "PT" is what was intended
  by CNJGeep

PH, as in Philadelphia-Harrisburg, as in what the line is called. Just as the Wilmington Line is the PW line, and the Trenton line is the NYP line
  by NorthPennLimited

So the farewell trip is only going to be a round trip from Paoli to Suburban Station?

Seems they put minimal effort into planning the trip compared to the Blueliner and Budd trips.