• Bad News at CP-JERSEY

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Jersey_Mike

Those @$$ Holes at NS have decided to replace the PRR PL signals at CP-JERSRY. While I didn't see a replacement for the high signal coming off the Fishhouse Branch, there is a bagged modular dwarf 3-stack sitting next to the pot signal for the Pennshawken Industrial Track.

The rationale for replacing the pot signal must be nothing more than sheer spite as present value for the maintainence of one extra lightbulb does not come close to the cost of new signal hardware and the cost to replace it. The folks at Conrail were always good about leaving the pots in place, but those jerks at NS have a big old nasty streak in them. I don't know if it is because they hate railfans or history or both.

Hell, if they really wanted to save money they could just replace CP-JERSEY with an HO switch given the traffic that the Pennshawken Ind sees.
  by LCJ

Jersey_Mike wrote:I don't know if it is because they hate railfans or history or both.
It's probably more indifference than hate. Be sure -- there is a financial advantage or they would not be doing it.

by Jersey_Mike

I think they would remove the signal if railfans were always going up there to photograph it.

by rushhour

You seem upset about this, is that big of deal? Why would a company remove signals because of railfans??? Think about that.