• B&M stations in Alton, nh

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

by musehobo

The exsisting SPRING HAVEN station in Alton has beens sold, but it is being moved a small distance (the Spring Haven campground)and is stated to be restored with original colors. Currently it is up on steel beams ready to go from its present location on Route 11. Will try and post photos on NERAIL

by B&Mguy

I drove by Spring Haven Last summer, and it looked to be in good shape. Does anyone know where it's being moved to? Seems a shame to move it at all since I think it's always been on the location of the original ROW.

I also noticed that the West Alton Station was for sale as well, and it too looked to be in good shape. Does anyone know anything about this stations status?

Also, I was looking for the stations at Ames Farm and Loon Cove, but could not find them. Does anyone know of their exact locations? I plan to return to the area this ummer and photograph them all. I've heard that 7 of the 11 stations on the line between Alton and Lakeport still stand.

by musehobo

To the B&MGUY. The Ames station was moved to the west side of route 11 at their campground. Heading north, it is the first cabin that you see. There was a write-up in the Weirs Times last year and discussed the Ames farm and the station.
The Loon Cove station was moved and is privately owned (vandels are breaking the windows). It is on the west side of route 11 about 100 yards from where it was originally located. Look to the left behind a hill about 200 yards shy of Rand Hill Road. There is a driveway that does lead into it. You will drive over the old railroad bed. Hope this helps.

by B&Mguy

I stopped by Spring Haven about two weeks ago, and it's in it's new location which is slightly closer to route 11. The building itself has been gutted, and looks like it's the the midst of being rebuilt. It also looks like there have been some addition made to the building. Is this station privately owned, or are there plans to make it into a society or a museum?