• B&M cabooses & passenger cars: what type?

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

by NellsChoo

Hi all

I am trying to figure out if I can find some N scale passenger cars and a caboose that would be correct for the B&M. Not too worried about eras at this time, just what styles and builders I should look for. I am guessing I would have to paint my own.

Can anyone fill me in on the basics of these bits of B&M rolling stock? No one in the model train area seemed to be able to help...

Jonelle

by sjl

Hi NellsChoo,

There is a new book out called "Streamlined Passenger Trains of Northern New England", and it is listed in the Walthers catalog. There is great info there. One photo I remember in the book is a "Jeep", a Troop Sleeper that had been converted to express service. The recent MT models could be bashed to make one of these.

Feather River Models offers a couple of kits for older wooden B&M cabooses. Bowser painted one of their N5-something models in B&M blue.

Other folks I'm sure can guide you on specific passenger cars.

Have fun!

Ron
  by truman

Tim Gilbert has a really nice book out about B&M cabooses. You can get it from the Salisbury Point RR group. Sorry I don't have the web address.