• Assistant Signalman Position LIRR

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by Devo82

I applied to a recent LIRR Assitant Signalman job post back in May. I checked online after a couple weeks and my "disposition status" went from Applied to just a blank. Anyone know if this signifies anything? Originally I thought I was just dismissed for the position but I've been told this doesn't mean a whole lot either way.
Also, can anyone tell me what I should expect if fortune should smile upon me and I do get called? I know there's a whole lot of terms and signals to memorize verbatim but I don't know the physical tests/expectations or how much electrical they want you to know going in. I have a strong background with electrical from my current job working with automotive electrical diagnostics (using scopes, meters, and Scan tools) plus I've spent some time as a handy man so I've worked with household AC just not as much as low and high voltage DC. Any thoughts would be appreciated
  by Devo82

Just as an update, it moved about a week ago from blank to "Passed Prescreening". So we'll see.