• Anybody seen #421 lately?

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

by railwatcher

It has been several weeks since #421 last rolled on the LAL. Anybody seen it? I assume it's getting it's paint job, anybody know for sure?
  by Sandy Burton

I stopped by Lakeville on Monday and 421 was in the shop. It was obviously being prepared for a paint job. It even had primer on a few spots where they probably did some body work.

Sandy

by Luther Brefo

As Sandy said and I agree, I do believe it is in for final repairs(if any) and painting.

Does anyone know if it'll keep the LA&L letters or if it will become WNYP 421?

I remember hearing talk of both.

by railwatcher

#421 and 'the traveler" were seen heading west thru Wellsville Wednesday afternoon at around 4:15pm. WNYP #421 finally made it to its new home. Does this mean we will see #424 back on the LA&L?

Greg

by Luther Brefo

railwatcher wrote:Does this mean we will see #424 back on the LA&L?

Greg
Soon...

by railwatcher

Don't expect to see LAL #424 back home real soon, it's need on the WNYP will have it there for awhile longer, while other repairs are getting done.

by pablo

You'll see another WNYP locomotive return to Lakeville first.

Dave Becker

by sallenparks

Will it be 431,432,or 426 for paint.

by pablo

I don't think it's going to be anything for paint. There's always work to be done, and the units are hard workers. Don't forget that the last 430 is next as well as the former GB&W units.

Dave Becker

by railwatcher

The repairs needed are more than what Krylon can fix, its going in for mechanical work, according to an informed source.