• Any reports on the new power yet?

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by train2

It is almost a month beyond when MACR hoped to have some of the new MP36s in service. Has anyone seen any in service yet? With this amount of delay time I wonder if there is some problem? I do know they were doing emergency stop tests 3-4 weeks back.

Anyone know anything?
  by HokieNav

Nope - no sign of them on the Penn Line (unless they showed up on Friday).
  by train2

Interesting turn of events. These are not a new design locomotive.
  by Matt_S

Got a snap of this at Union Station on May 23rd, haven't seen any since however.

by realtype

Matt_S wrote:Got a snap of this at Union Station on May 23rd, haven't seen any since however.
Nice photo! That MP makes the coupled GP40 look small.
  by HokieNav

Wow, that's a great picture, thanks!

I haven't seen any around here in quite some time, I wonder what the deal is?
  by HokieNav

Nope.

I've heard that testing is complete and there are no technical problems with the equipment, and that the rest of the order is sitting in Boise ready to be shipped (the earlier picture certainly makes this appear correct), but the state can't their stuff together and get them into service.

I submitted a question from the "contact us" portion of the MARC website and asked what the holdup was, we'll see what they have to say for themselves.