• Amtrak Website Discussion

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by Gilbert B Norman

There is presently a major delay on the BNSF owing to a HAZMAT situation" at Congress Park (MP 12). WBBM 780/105.9 has reported on such and the METRA site reports indefinite delays.

But Julie and the Website show #5 being set back in 10 minute intervals; #3 still shows OT.

I haven't heard anything go by my house in the two hours since I learned of this incident.

Julie, how about a little "candor".
  by Noel Weaver

I wonder if they can still run the Santa Fe route in that territory.
Noel Weaver
  by jackintosh11

Right now the website is almost completely shut down, all thats working is basic reservations and train status. The app is also not working properly
  by CHTT1

Noel Weaver wrote:I wonder if they can still run the Santa Fe route in that territory.
Noel Weaver
Former Santa Fe route no longer connects to Union Station on the Chicago end.
  by usroadman

jackintosh11 wrote:Right now the website is almost completely shut down, all thats working is basic reservations and train status. The app is also not working properly
I couldn't even get basic reservations to work the few times I tried on Monday. It'd show schedule and pricing, but when it got to the "Enter Passenger Information" screen, it would just give me a cryptic "not working" error. Not even a suggestion to try calling them, just some failed return code.

Got it to work today, but yes, I see it is "Amtrak.com Lite Mode".
  by pennstation

I went to book tickets for Thanksgiving and it appears the Amtrak website is in some sort of stripped down mode, with the message

"We are currently experiencing an issue which is preventing us from providing all the features of Amtrak.com. It is only possible to make one-way and round-trip reservations or check Train Status. For assistance, please call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245)."

I tried using Firefox to book the tickets as I usually do-- I just used it less than a week ago! The site would not show me available trains.

I then tried again using Chrome browser and the transaction went through.

Is this really an "issue" or is this a prelude to some sort of site upgrade?
  by Backshophoss

Wonder if the Southwest Airline's IT meltdown spun off some "bugs" into Amtrak's servers?????
  by Backshophoss

Wonder if the site issues are caused by whatever caused the Southwest Airlines IT meltdown??
  by Gilbert B Norman

"Situation Normal", as distinct from SNAFU'ED, a few moments ago.
  by Jeff Smith

I hope, Mr. Norman, you don't mind my hijacking your thread for a more over-arching one?