• Amtrak Trackside Restaurants

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by ExCon90

Railjunkie wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:19 pm Cold Spring Depot, Cold Spring NY It is a old NYCRR depot on the Hudson line it is not an Amtrak stop but Metro North has a stop there. Summer time when the patio is open you can sit trackside. Cold beer great burgers.
... and after lunch, if you have time, walk about two blocks down to the riverfront where there's a pleasant park from which you can see CSX action across the river. There's a hotel-restaurant with outdoor seating if refreshment is desired, and the trains back to GCT run every hour. Makes a nice day out, with a view of the Hudson north of Spuyten Duyvil you can only get from a train or a boat -- there's no road on either side with a river view.
  by electricron

Until April 2020 Wolfgang Puck operated a restaurant 500 feet above Dallas’ Union Station in Reunion Tower. I am not aware if the restaurant has reopened, but the Observation Deck is still open with an admission fee. Only the two Texas Eagles visit Union Station from Amtrak.
  by Railjunkie

ExCon90 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:23 pm
Railjunkie wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:19 pm Cold Spring Depot, Cold Spring NY It is a old NYCRR depot on the Hudson line it is not an Amtrak stop but Metro North has a stop there. Summer time when the patio is open you can sit trackside. Cold beer great burgers.
... and after lunch, if you have time, walk about two blocks down to the riverfront where there's a pleasant park from which you can see CSX action across the river. There's a hotel-restaurant with outdoor seating if refreshment is desired, and the trains back to GCT run every hour. Makes a nice day out, with a view of the Hudson north of Spuyten Duyvil you can only get from a train or a boat -- there's no road on either side with a river view.
That's why I say I have the best seat in the house. The river views are always changing been bouncing along the Hudson in a 7XX for 20 yrs and I still see stuff I never knew was there.
  by STrRedWolf

R36 Combine Coach wrote:Rocco's (Streetview) is at the Home Depot in Long Island City, NY and although only a simple lunch counter, has famous cheesesteaks and you can view Acelas and Regionals en route to and from New England and frequent LIRR service just behind the parking lot.

Station House Wine Bar at Stratford
Rocco's would be a good place to grab lunch then watch trains from your car/truck/etc.
electricron wrote:Until April 2020 Wolfgang Puck operated a restaurant 500 feet above Dallas’ Union Station in Reunion Tower. I am not aware if the restaurant has reopened, but the Observation Deck is still open with an admission fee. Only the two Texas Eagles visit Union Station from Amtrak.
Sadly, it's closed and replaced with the Crown Block Dallas at the elevated point. Dinner crowd only, though.