• Amtrak Division question.

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by Mr. Harlem Line

What is Amtrak's New York Division? What lines run from it and what are the other Amtrak Divisions?

by Rockingham Racer

I believe the Boston Division begins at Mill River, which is where the Springfield and Shore Lines part company. Mill River on the railroad is about 1& 1/2 miles east of New Haven.

by rhemler

I know that the New York division is broken down into zones.
Zone 2 which Is what I am trying to get hired out for now is New York to Washington NEC

by CSX Conductor

Rockingham Racer wrote:I believe the Boston Division begins at Mill River, which is where the Springfield and Shore Lines part company. Mill River on the railroad is about 1& 1/2 miles east of New Haven.
That is actually the New England Division. :wink:
  by amtbuff

As the rumor mill seems to fly on the railroad everyday. Word has it that as of time change the New England division will no longer exist. The New York Division will start out of Boston and come all the way down to Holmesburg Jct. As of the outlying points like NH,Maine I am not to sure how that will work out. Not really familiar with that territory.
  by Rockingham Racer

amtbuff wrote:As the rumor mill seems to fly on the railroad everyday. Word has it that as of time change the New England division will no longer exist. The New York Division will start out of Boston and come all the way down to Holmesburg Jct. As of the outlying points like NH,Maine I am not to sure how that will work out. Not really familiar with that territory.
Unless Amtrak buys the tracks from Pan Am in NH and ME, it shouldn't figure at all.
  by amtrakhogger

The NY Division runs from CP-216 (New Rochelle) to MP 76 on the main line NY-Phila. Also included is the Empire Connection from A (Penn Sta) to
CP-12 (Spuyten Duyvil) Bronx.

by CSX Conductor

AMTBUFF, the division bulletins and Notices will be combined as of the time change, but crew bases will stay the same.
  by amtbuff

CSX Conductor.That is correct.

by chuchubob

The New England division will become Northeast Division - East and the New York Division will become Northeast Division - West.