• Amtrak 40th Anniversary Train coming soon to PAR

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by MEC407

Just a reminder for those of you who don't frequent the Amtrak forum: Amtrak's 40th Anniversary Exhibit Train will be coming to Freeport, Maine this weekend.

For more info: official Amtrak/Freeport web page

To discuss: 40th anniversary train discussion

Hope to see some of you there on the 13th! :-D
  by MEC407

LOL

I don't have long hair, and I usually wear a baseball cap... but I guess there is a slight resemblance between me and Mr. Mangione. :wink:
  by doublestack

Update: Amtrak train arriving today, 8/12 in Freeport around noon. I just came back from Depot st. after talking to a Pan Am (white hat) foreman. They're located on the other side of the guardrail, just behind the public restrooms.

Peter
Update 2: Train arrived in town @ 11:55am. BM 378 pulled it to Bow st. and stopped. 12:45pm 378 uncoupled and headed solo to Brunswick.
  by KSmitty

Wondering if anyone has seen the exhibit train yet? I know its been in New England already and am wondering if any past patrons can tell me what its like and if its worth a drive to check it out in the zoo that is downtown Freeport in summer...

Also wondering if the PAR OCS cars and the 77 will be there as well, or if the stuff is gonna disappear?

Thanks!