• AMTK Northeast Regional schedules down

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by Traingeek3629

Am I the only one whose computer won't load the Northeast Regional 2 or 3 schedules? I can load #1, but not 2 or 3. All I get is a page saying 404 and a link to 'Ask Our Idiot Robot Julie'. Can someone help?
  by Rockingham Racer

No, you are not the only one.
  by Traingeek3629

Phew. All the other schedules are working, just not the one I need to see.
  by bratkinson

They were down so they could post new schedules effective November 12. Good timing! Perhaps the biggest changes are a change of fonts to fit all the 'will (not) run' dates AND they finally removed the 'newspaper' reference in the business class description. It's about time! The papers have been gone at least 2 years now!
  by ExCon90

Have they eliminated a proofreader position as an economy measure? The first page of the westbound Keystone Service shows two 30th St. Stations, one in New York and the other in Philadelphia, the former named for William Gray. (The one in New York was closed years ago.)
  by Traingeek3629

bratkinson wrote:They were down so they could post new schedules effective November 12. Good timing! Perhaps the biggest changes are a change of fonts to fit all the 'will (not) run' dates AND they finally removed the 'newspaper' reference in the business class description. It's about time! The papers have been gone at least 2 years now!
I'm confused. They were down on November 30for schedules effective on the 12th?
  by Literalman

Returning from Utica, NY, to Washington, DC, on Oct. 21 (yes this is outside the period being discussed, but it's about the timetables), I noticed that the arrival time in Washington listed on my ticket was rather different (15 minutes or so) from that in the NEC timetable I'd downloaded from Amtrak's website. I went to the customer service office in Penn Station, NY, and asked for a current NEC timetable, not knowing that the paper ones had been discontinued. I was told to call 800-USA-RAIL for information or get in line for the ticket window (which I did). What in the world does the customer service office do if not provide such information? Just venting. There, now I feel better.
  by Traingeek3629

They discontinued the paper schedules? Then what happens when the online ones go down?
  by Backshophoss

All the schedules are available in .pdf form,that's a file that can live in a smartphone memory when the website crap out :wink: