• Amherst Show Fast Approaching- Jan 27-28

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by NellsChoo

Just thought of something... to survive the walk to the buildings, we will have to bundle up. But once we are inside, I think we will be BAKING!

Anyone remember if it gets hot inside?

JD
  by AlcoFA

It can get very warm inside, especially on Saturday when the crowds are bigger. It can also be quite cumbersome lugging a heavy winter coat around all day along with everything else picked up through out the day.

The short walks between the buildings are not too bad. They are covered for the most part and as long as one keeps moving the outside temp is usually not an issue.

by NellsChoo

Ah yes... NOW I remember... not everyone wears deodorant... :(

by mxdata

National Weather Service predicts a wonderful 4 degree evening tonight in that area, 30 on Saturday with a chance of snow, 22 Saturday night, and 35 degrees on Sunday. Have fun everybody!

by gprimr1

I'll be wearing a red Umass sweatshirt and possibly my black peacoat unbottoned.

The sweatshirt has a red hood that sticks out.

Hi

by thebigham

Who all went?

I had never been to a show that big before.

I was there on Sunday. It was packed.

I'm glad the area tourist railroads were there.

I bought some O&W books and some WAG photos.

Chris

by gprimr1

I went. I bought an Amtrak Dash-40 Engine in Phase III paint, a couple auto-racks, grain carriers and a really cool Amfleet II.

I was really impressed by the show and applied to join Amherst Belt Lines.

There were some stressful parts, especially trying to get to some merchants, and some people did need to take a shower, but all and all It was incredible. I won't be in MA anymore next year, but I plan to catch a train up to see the show.

by bshrdr

I was there on Saturday afternoon - not too crowded. Only bought a couple things - a copy of "Rails Across New England" and a couple pink NYNH&H T-shirts for my daughters. Otherwise, I walked around, conversed with a few folks, and took some pictures. If you're interested, they're posted on my site here:

http://www.nanosphoto.com/gallery/thumb ... ?album=105

Also attended the slideshow gathering at the Elks put on by Tim Doherty after the train show. Great variety of material, and well attended. I presented a brief digital show titled "Eine Kleine Nachtfotographie" It should be easy to figure out what music it was set to... ;-) If you'd like to view it, head here:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 0373&alb=0

You'll need to install the Photodex viewer to view it. It's a small applet (Java for Mozilla/Firefox users, or ActiveX for IE) that streams the slideshow to your browser. Pretty harmless - I've used it a number of times. Let me know what you think of the show if you decide to take a look...

-Tom

by Guilford Guy

I was there bth days. Kind of jung around the youth in Model railroading layout because of me being president. I saw gary walking in on saturday too.