• American Orient Express

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

by gprimr1

I know that Amtrak isn't exactly UP's favorite tennent railroad, but I was wondering:

Does UP run the AOE ahead of it's trains or do they delay it like they delay Amtrak?

by slchub

Oh yeah. They push us into the hole for them.

by pennsy

Hi,

Metrolink still has a law suit with UP for also placing the Riverside Line Metrolink trains, "in the hole" and allowing its freights to go through. Metrolink has had to cut back on its Riverside line traffic and therefore is unable to maintain a schedule with its trains. For a commuter line, that is disasterous.

by Rockingham Racer

This was an issue with Metra when I lived in Chicago. The UP and Metra met, and things improved for the passenger trains. Seems the DSs in Omaha didn't think getting people to work on time was part of the agreement, I guess. In any case, after some amiable discussion between the parties, things did improve. 'Course, the commuters had lots of heat on Metra, too, to get things changed in Omaha.