• Alco RS-18's to Adirondack Scenic

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by roadster

heads up, q382 is departing Dewitt with ADIX 1845 in consist. A low nosed, RS11 still in full CP red jacket, to be delivered to the Adirondak Railway in Utica. Sorry I could post earlier, but just got home. I'd expect that monday the Ma&N would pull it from the lead to their yard for disposition to the Adirondak, where it may be visible.
  by tree68

At Dewitt.
  by scharnhorst

This one been sitting in Storage someplace on CP Rail or did they sell it to a short line that used if for a while then sold it again?
  by Alcoman

RS18 1845 is owned by the Adirondack Scenic and is now in Utica. They expect to getting RS-18 # 1835 soon from CN also.
  by lvrr325

Now you know what they did with the proceeds from scrapping those FL-9s.
  by jurtz

lvrr325 wrote:Now you know what they did with the proceeds from scrapping those FL-9s.
Not really - the two RS-18's were purchased with funds from a newly established equipment trust fund that was created this past year. A good chunk of the money came from internal ARPS membership donations, and the balance came from the Herkimer/ Oneida Community Foundation grant. The equipment trust fund still needs donations, as ARPS will use this for further repairs/ upgrades to their rolling stock. Donations accepted
here ---> http://www.adirondackrr.com/adkrr_fundraiser.php

I think it was mentioned in the thread on the FL-9's, those were sold off by ARPS some time ago.
  by lvrr325

I wouldn't want to open a debate about Adirondack's bookkeeping and finance, I've heard too many things second and even first hand. But you'd think they'd repair one of the engines they lease before going out and buying more power. I did hear what the F-units sold for and I know what market is on an RS-18, I'm just doing the math -
  by Matt Langworthy

Well, its sounds like the Fs were sold before the new fund was established, so I think the last point is moot.

Besides, I think the RS18s, unlike the FL9s, are actually in running condition... which means they can earn their keep!