• Advice for Old Saybrook

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by njtmnrrbuff

On Friday I am planning to go to Old Saybrook via the "cheap way." I will be there between 4 and 5:20. Other than the usual passenger trains, could I see any freights. I know P&W does some good business around there. Also how is the pizza in that station?
  by H.F.Malone

The "yuppie pizza" joint in the old Old Saybrook freight house (it was moved a few hundred feet in the late 80s to the current location) is good eatery. The "y-p" name was bestowed by a certain group of railway preservation yahoos from a near-by "bunker in the woods", who have been know to show up at the place for a hearty after-work-session meal. They like to watch the trains (inside and out-- there is a nice G-scale set circling the insde of the dining area). Bon appetit!!!

Two Brothers....may it rest in peace (or is that "grease"??).

by bshrdr

P&W is usually there between 10am and 1pm or so. Trains NR2 and NH1 do their car/power swap usually right at the station, or close by.

-Tom

by NHRDC121

Hope ya didn't hafta' wait as long fer yer pie as I did! :(
  by omar

Don't complain - you got it for free....

by MickD

Just past the station heading towards NYC on the southside of the NEC I've seen what looks to be a hotel .Does anyone know what the name
& what kind of place it is??