• Additional trains added for the 4th?

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by joshuahouse

I'm from outside the DC area but working in Maryland for the summer. Does METRO put on additional trains for after "A Capital Fourth" so that crowds can go out to the burbs so there is somewhat less crowding or no?
  by Sand Box John

quote="joshuahouse"
I'm from outside the DC area but working in Maryland for the summer. Does METRO put on additional trains for after "A Capital Fourth" so that crowds can go out to the burbs so there is somewhat less crowding or no?

In a word, yes. It is the only day of the year when WMATA exploits the maximum capabilities of the signaling and train control system. Expect to see trains running 90 second headways between Stadium-Armory and Rosslyn and between Mount Vernon Square and L'Enfant Plaza.

WMATA publish a link to the reconfigured Independence Day metrorail map on the home page of their web site some time next week. Here is the link to past Independence Day configurations.

by Mike Morris

They also modify orange and blue line.
If anyone wants a modified map of this as displayed in the trains-drop me a line and I will send you one

by Sand Box John

"Mike Morris"
They also modify orange and blue line.
If anyone wants a modified map of this as displayed in the trains-drop me a line and I will send you one

This years reconfiguration of the system on Independence Day is identical to last years.

Here is this years 2007 Forth of July brochure and here is last years.