• A trip up the River Line - 9/21/08

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by n01jd1

I took at trip up the River Line with my tag team partner 9/21/2008. We start at Haverstraw,
NY with the Q-409. We then proceed to Marlborough, NY where we catch the Q-434. Then
we went to West Park, NY and caught the Q-118. Then it was off to Kingston, NY where we
caught the Q-254 and X-983. We finally went to Mount Marion, NY where we caught the K-
684, Q-439 and the Q-417.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR1FX-5xhu0

Enjoy!
  by EdM

how do you know which train is which? Is there a listing, sked or sumpin?? thanks, Ed
  by n2xjk

The train crews announce on the radio every signal they pass, so tune your scanner to the road frequency. 160.980MHz for the CSX River Line.
  by dwil89

n2xjk wrote:The train crews announce on the radio every signal they pass, so tune your scanner to the road frequency. 160.980MHz for the CSX River Line.
160.260 is an alternate frequency to hear chatter,,,,though not signal calling....I live several miles West of the Riverline in Rockland County, NY and monitor Riverline chatter from my home.....a voice activated tape recorder keeps me up to date on train movements when I am away from the scanner....I can usually hear chatter of trains running between MP 21 and 38 and sometimes further if weather conditions are right and if a train has a strong radio.