• A Metro line over/under 395 (or even parallel)

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by wicked

Was this ever discussed?

Seems to me a line from Franconia to D.C. making stops at Landmark, Seminary, Shirlington and the Pentagon would make sense, especially given the Mark Center buildup, etc. Maybe even a slight jog off the highway to stop somewhere off VA 7, near Skyline.

Do any previous regional transit plans reference this?

(I realize it's very unlikely to be built now.)
  by Sand Box John

"wicked"

Was this ever discussed?

Seems to me a line from Franconia to D.C. making stops at Landmark, Seminary, Shirlington and the Pentagon would make sense, especially given the Mark Center buildup, etc. Maybe even a slight jog off the highway to stop somewhere off VA 7, near Skyline.

Do any previous regional transit plans reference this?

The closest is the line shown as future in the 1968 Adopted Regional map, Columbia Pike, Carlin Spring Road, Seminary Road, west side of VA I-395 Shirley Highway, Little River Turnpike to Lincolnia. I have seen no map showing the possible stations locations along the route. Likely would have had 3 stations along Columbia Pike one in the area of Skyline Plaza, one near North Beauregard and Seminary Road, terminal station on Little River Turnpike between North Beauregard and Shirley Highway VA I-395.