• A LOT OF HURT

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
  by Noel Weaver

A couple of individuals have urged me to return to the NHRHTA site and post again, something that I have pretty much
avoided since January of this year.
The very same individual who railroaded me off that site has seen fit to post items that have nothing to do with the New
Haven Railroad. The one that really takes the cake is a posting of an Amtrak E-60 at Penn Station, not a New Haven
engine and not on the former New Haven Railroad.
This individual chased me off but he sees fit to do the same thing himself to a greater extant than I did.
I do not plan to post there again anytime soon. Just wanted to vent on this here because I would not do it there.
Thanks for reading.
Noel Weaver
  by porkfriedrice

Mr. Weaver:

Thank you for posting to this forum. Whenever I come here, I always read the threads that you have posted on, since they are some of the most informative and interesting. You actually possess first-hand knowledge instead of just standing track side. That's not intended to be a slight all the people here that haven't worked on the rails, which obviously includes myself. The personal history and facts that you write are always a good read.

By the way, have ever considered writing some sort of autobiography about your experiences with the New Haven? I would love to read that. Thanks again for your time.

K. Logan
  by mxdata

If the NHRHTA does not apply their "relevant or irrelevant" test equally across the membership, then they should drop it completely.

I am hearing that the "rules" at NHRHTA are likely to change very soon. :wink:

MX
  by Otto Vondrak

I made this for Noel:
ForNoel.jpg
Don't worry about what goes on at other sites, especially if they bother you. Trains are supposed to be fun.

-otto-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by Ridgefielder

Otto Vondrak wrote:I made this for Noel:
ForNoel.jpg
Don't worry about what goes on at other sites, especially if they bother you. Trains are supposed to be fun.

-otto-
Noel: I agree with Mr. Logan on all points; ignore the fools elsewhere, keep on posting here, and I think I and others here would most definitely love to read a memoir of your time on the New Haven and its successor roads.

Otto- That's great! Way, way OT but have you ever played around with "painting" an Acela, say, in either pre- or post-McGinnis livery? Sort of a fantasy of mine (and don't worry, I know that "it ain't gonna happen") has been for AMTK to paint a couple of NEC trainsets in "Heritage" schemes as a hat-tip to history: gotta think the Acela would look pretty sharp in warm orange, Brunswick green and silver pinstripes :wink:

B.J.
  by Noel Weaver

Otto Vondrak wrote:I made this for Noel:
ForNoel.jpg

-otto-
Nice one OTTO, rest assurred that they don't bother me. At least I know where Back Bay is and that's more than one of
their bosses does.
Noel Weaver
  by mxdata

Notice that in the quest for accuracy and perfection the NHRHTA now has a discussion underway about the favorite locomotives of former New Haven engineers. Seems like a lot of the testimonials are second hand information passed down through the ages. No concern about cutoff dates there. :wink:

MX
  by Noel Weaver

mxdata wrote:Notice that in the quest for accuracy and perfection the NHRHTA now has a discussion underway about the favorite locomotives of former New Haven engineers. Seems like a lot of the testimonials are second hand information passed down through the ages. No concern about cutoff dates there. :wink:

MX
That topic is a bunch of nonsense from some people none of whom have ever worked on New Haven Railroad or former New
Haven Railroad locomotives. That form is full of "know it alls".
Noel Weaver
  by mxdata

Perhaps we misunderstood the purpose of that discussion string. Maybe it really is about second and third hand stories from people rumored to be former New Haven Railroad employees, who were talking about the model railroad locomotives they have operated.

Personally, my favorites were the old HO scale Hobbytown ALCO RS's. I enjoyed that loud grinding sound they made. Not quite like a real ALCO RS, but then a model is not a real ALCO RS anyway.

Oh gosh, there I said it. A model locomotive is not a real locomotive.

I am going to be in big trouble for making a statement like that! :wink:

I could get barred from attending the reunion. :(

But then I was never an engineer on the New Haven Railroad. And my running those locomotives might have been after the magic cutoff date that makes everything irrelevant. :-D

MX
  by Otto Vondrak

Please, let's not go down this path again?

If you all be good, I'll Photoshop/paint more engines for you...
  by Jeff Smith

Otto Vondrak wrote:...If you all be good, I'll Photoshop/paint more engines for you...
I promise!
  by Noel Weaver

It is pretty hard to be nice when I think about some of the NHRHTA people. If I said what I would really like to say, it would
be entertaining but not fit to print.
As I said at the beginning, there is a lot of hurt.
My 41 year career on the railroad has provided me with great memories that a few of them did not want me to share with
the people over there. It did not end with my 11 years on the New Haven before January 1, 1969.
The individual who is most responsible for my departure from that site is the same individual who felt it appropriate to
post pictures of Amtrak locomotives that were not even former New Haven locomotives on railroad that was not the New
Haven's, ever. This individual has a lot to hide and he does not want me around that site.
Noel Weaver
  by MJRuef

I hear you, Noel. I just can't help but remember what a nice person Willis Copeland,Jr. was.
  by Noel Weaver

MJRuef wrote:I hear you, Noel. I just can't help but remember what a nice person Willis Copeland,Jr. was.
YES!!!! The wrong person suffered the most from the Back Bay incident. Some day the real truth will come out on this one.
Noel Weaver

By the way, MJ, Have a great holiday weekend.
  by MJRuef

You have a great weekend too, Noel.