Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

by Northeastern292

I know that the MTA has gone wrap-crazy with the A division equipment, so I thought it would be cool to see one of the (in my opinion) paint schemes for all of the LAHT equipment: the '64-'65 World's Fair scheme on the redbirds. A photo on NYCSubway.org really makes the R36's that were used on that line in their original look way too European.

The Transit Museum is cool as it is, but retro-looking modern equipment? That's even neater!

(Note: This is just an opinion of mine).
  by spidey3

Bad idea.
The wraps are terrible -- especially the Yankees Postseason / TBS one on the shuttle, which makes the train dark and unpleasant.
  by Northeastern292

spidey3 wrote:Bad idea.
The wraps are terrible -- especially the Yankees Postseason / TBS one on the shuttle, which makes the train dark and unpleasant.
You do have a point there, but this would only be on the Flushing Line trains, but they do take away from the look. My thing is that I know the MTA isn't one for painting stainless steel. But I hope to eventually see retro on the subway, other than the stations.
  by diffusedmind

What is the purpose of this? Will this A) raise revenue or B) create more efficient transportation?

Before you even begin to touch your keyboard, i'll remind you that the correct answer is no to both of those possibilities.

There's just no point.
  by Kamen Rider

wraps are done at the expense of the adverstisers. unless the MTA is getting money from it, it's not worth it.
  by keithsy

MTA gets good money for those wraps. Sadly, it goes into the wrong pockets, if not disappears.