• A GG-1 to roll again??

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by scotty269

Finally downloaded the contents of my camera from my trip to Strasburg.
  by photorailfan

That's a good angle shot. I wonder when they re positioned it in the museum? Last time i was there was in October of 2002. Once they take her out for show, would they put her back in the same spot or leave her outside for display?
  by JJMDiMunno

photorailfan wrote:That's a good angle shot. I wonder when they re positioned it in the museum? Last time i was there was in October of 2002. Once they take her out for show, would they put her back in the same spot or leave her outside for display?
4935 has always been inside - I highly doubt they'd move it outdoors on a perm. basis.

Mike DiMunno
  by JJMDiMunno

M1a6776 wrote:Mike,

Here's a shot of 4935 outside in March 2007.

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=196519

Mike
Wow...I'm truly surprised. And I stand corrected at this point...

I just can't figure out why they'd do that...was it for a photo setup or something?

Thanks for the photo.

Mike DiMunno
  by photorailfan

Awsome shot. I hope they have it out again at least for a little while after this event.
  by EDM5970

Well, I've given the gentleman ten days to detail his experience with moving full-size rail equipment. Since I haven't seen any sort of response to my question, I have to believe he has none...

I described what I thought was an amusing anecdote that came out of moving one of my units. Instead, I was basically called a railroad wannabe by a TOY TRAIN COLLECTOR!

Funny thing is that as a moderator, or even as just a contributor, he could have back-channeled one of the other moderators, and found out a little about my background. Looking at some of my other posts could have also told him I have had rail industry experience.

My work is done here-
  by Otto Vondrak

EDM5970 wrote:Well, I've given the gentleman ten days to detail his experience with moving full-size rail equipment. Since I haven't seen any sort of response to my question, I have to believe he has none...

I described what I thought was an amusing anecdote that came out of moving one of my units. Instead, I was basically called a railroad wannabe by a TOY TRAIN COLLECTOR!

Funny thing is that as a moderator, or even as just a contributor, he could have back-channeled one of the other moderators, and found out a little about my background. Looking at some of my other posts could have also told him I have had rail industry experience.

My work is done here-
If there's a problem here, you need to tell ME or a moderator about it.
  by BadAddetude

So, what's the Latest?? When is 4935 beginning its Journey? Who's hauling it? When's It gunna be in Philly!?!?!
  by Kaback9

Good Question is about 2 weeks away from the celebration in WAS so if anyones got any info please feel free to share.
  by ApproachMedium

I dont know when the moves are happening, but a little birdie from Amtrak told me this is gonna be a big thing for Amtrak and the equiptment display should be quite extensive. It will be well worth the trip. Ill be heading down Sunday with my friend on an earily amtrak train from NY. Should be cool, never been to DC before!
  by Kaback9

ApproachMedium wrote:I dont know when the moves are happening, but a little birdie from Amtrak told me this is gonna be a big thing for Amtrak and the equiptment display should be quite extensive. It will be well worth the trip. Ill be heading down Sunday with my friend on an earily amtrak train from NY. Should be cool, never been to DC before!
DC is a great place as long as you stay away from the bad areas near the station. I want to get some pics of the move so if anyone knows when She will be rolling torwards DC, PM me or leave it here becasue I am sure there are others who would love to see it on the NEC or in Philly.
  by NYSW2300

Whats the route its going to take. I'd like to see this thing moving.
  by Kaback9

NYSW2300 wrote:Whats the route its going to take. I'd like to see this thing moving.
Probably S.R.R to the Keystone corridor to the NEC. Thats the only way it could move completley on rails.
  by cjvrr

Photos were posted on Trainorders.com of 2 test runs to Leahman Place on Sept. 25th. There was also a photo of the GG1 next to one of the NS OCS units at the RR Museum of PA.

So I guess it may be moving today....What is the schedule of events in Washington?
Last edited by cjvrr on Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.