• A&A cabooses-are they still on line?

• All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad
All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad

Moderator: Benjamin Maggi

by Aa3rt

I brought up this topic on the previous version of this site:

To the best of my knowledge the A&A has two cabooses. Number 303 is a former Susquehanna and New York car, Number 304 came from the Erie. Both the 303 & 304 are side-door cars, number 304 was shorn of her cupola sometime after ownership by the A&A. I'm particularly interested in the 303 as to its' whereabouts and accessablity for photography.

Thanks for any assistance.

by thebigham

#303 is in Arcade next to the Bixby Hill road crossing.

#304 is in Nunda, NY.

Chris
  by BSOR Patarak

Art, did you get to photograph the 303 in Arcade? I would like to locate a picture of this one on the Susquehanna and New York. Know of the whereabouts of any?

The 304 is at a private residence in Nunda, but is still accessible.

Thanks,
Pat Connors

by erievalley

There is a photo of the A&A caboose in Arcade on the WNYP forum under the subject "Digital Cameras". By the way Pat, didn't see you on the A&A all summer......Jerry(Erievalley Videos).

by BSOR Patarak

:-)

I only worked one weekend I think. We were at Curriers for Civil War Weekend and a couple of the fall. Should be out for at least one of the Santa weekends.

by Aa3rt

Hello Pat, sorry I haven't checked in here at the A&A forum for a while. I saw the photo mentioned by erievalley on another website. That's the caboose I've been looking for.

The book on the S&NY written by the late Edward Kaseman, 3rd or 4th editions has photos of the caboose in S&NY service. I also recently won a photo of the same caboose on Ebay.

I'm pretty firmly entrenched in southern Maryland and don't make it "home" very often-oh well, maybe next summer...

by Benjamin Maggi

Where is the #304 in Nunda. Specifically, address or way to find it? Thanks

by BSOR Patarak

I can't remember the street address, but it is fairly easy to find. When you are headed east out of the village, it is one of the roads to the left that goes up the hill. (It is not too far out of the village and is before you head up the big hill east on the main road). The caboose is at a private residence at the top of the hill.

by Benjamin Maggi

Is caboose #303 still in Arcade? I heard a rumor that it had been moved. Also, I have been to see #304 and have taken some pictures of it, I would love to talk to the owner of it. However, I have heard that he no longer lives there, though the caboose remains. I don't want to post other people's personal lives. Anyways, does anybody know who the owner is/was? I would love to talk to him about it.

hi

by thebigham

I don't think #303 has been moved.

I'll be in Arcade next week. I'll be sure to look.

Chris

hi

by thebigham

#303 is still in Arcade.

It's next to the Bixby Hill road crossing.

by Benjamin Maggi

Thanks. I wonder where I heard then that it had been moved. Interesting...