• 286K Infrastructure, Investments & Procedures in New England

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by MEC407

EGE, you win! :-D
  by markhb

EGE, can you preserve that layout for the week after next?
  by MEC407

Thanks for the update, Ken!

In a moment or weakness (or insanity?) last night, I ate a chocolate-dipped Peppermint Peep... and I'm horrified to admit that it was delicious. The chocolate coating makes them significantly heavier than regular Peeps. We'd best beef up our New England railroad infrastructure to support these behemoths! :wink:
  by jaymac

Should the new Peeps become regular issue, there will be increased demand for 286K trackage. Commuter rail riders -- and possibly more than a few crew -- will quickly bring axle-loadings in excess of 263K. More cars may be necessary, as well.
  by H.F.Malone

While chocolate is always welcome, on Peeps or anything else (it is after all one of the four major food groups, along with pizza, Chinese and cigars), this being New England, shouldn't those Peeps be lobstah-flavored? I know the Marshalltown folks do like their lobstah, in any form.

HFM
E&P Freight Sales Dept.
Last edited by H.F.Malone on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by Cosmo

So. if we load a high-cube DS with peeps and put it behind Ol' 97, how much coal will it need to get from Cape Anne to Boston?
  by H.F.Malone

Just exactly the amount to be found in all the basements in Chester. And maybe Deep River, too.