• 24-hour Diner re-opens near the Bay Ridge branch

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by BMT

For the RS-100 crew....take note: a 24-hour diner has re-opened down the street from Favorite Plastics....the diner had been closed for nearly four years (used to be the Bluebird Diner which was one of the last of the classic 50's stainless steel art-deco diners in Brooklyn. Same management).

So next time ya need some eats give 'em a try!

by Legio X

The cops who work the 12x8 tour in the area will be pleased also....

by lirrmike

Is it on Kings Highway? Thanks.

Mike

by b&p rupture

Old name Bluebird, new name?
Down which street?
Same management? Why the 4 year hiatus?

(And no nod to the {dare I say BMT} cars of the same name?
Shame on you, LOL)

by BMT

Sorry, PC problems prevented me from answering sooner.....

First, yes, the new diner is on the location of the former Bluebird Diner. Now get this: it is now callled the PARIS diner which was the name of the diner back in the 60's before it became the Bluebird. The current owner is the son of the original owner from when it was the Paris diner (and before that, Cappy's back in da '50s).

LIRRmike: yeah, you could say it's on KingsHighway since at that point Utica, Glenwood and Kings Highway cross each other. But the diner is diagonally across from Favorite Plastics at the corner of Utica and Glenwood (I bet some of the FP workers eat there).

b/p rupture: got ya jab...lol! Didn't know you knew about those puppies! They were rapid transit cars that used PCC trolley car technology (that's one of the main reasons those cars got trashed -- incompatibility with the rest of the subway fleet).

by M1 9147

Funniest thing is I remember that diner passing by it many times when I used to visit my Grandmother. And the funnies thing is she lived at Ave. I, and Ocean Ave. which is a block from the Bay Ridge line which ducks underneath Ocean Ave. Ahh, those memories!

by b&p rupture

BMT wrote:b/p rupture: got ya jab...lol! Didn't know you knew about those puppies! They were rapid transit cars that used PCC trolley car technology (that's one of the main reasons those cars got trashed -- incompatibility with the rest of the subway fleet).
Oh, I'm just keeping you on your toes!