• 2007 ES44DC's Under Delivery

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by Wanderer

CSXT5400-5401 on the property at Selkirk, Certificates of Acceptance signed.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

i wonder what their first jobs are going to be, maybe down the B&A?

by CSX Conductor

They will probably hit the B&A just like the 5200/5300's did because they have multi-territory cabs signals, and are designed for pulling as opposed to speed.

by mmi16

CSX Conductor wrote:They will probably hit the B&A just like the 5200/5300's did because they have multi-territory cabs signals, and are designed for pulling as opposed to speed.
Like anything CSX buys is designed for speed....

by n01jd1

Great. Just what we need. Another 100 Bongaloid GE's.

by Wanderer

CSXT5402-5406 on the property, in service, COAs signed. And they may be Bongaloids...but they work financially, and that's all that matters to this railroad company. Besides, most crews like them. Railfan opinions don't matter to CSXT dude, sorry.

by Wanderer

5407 now on the property and in service.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

thanks for the updates Wanderer, and please keep them coming :-D

by CSX Conductor

One difference I noticed with the GECO's is the chime of the cab signal every time the alertor is acknowledged, unless you adjust the dimmer on the screen, lol.

by Wanderer

CSXT5407 is out, COA signed, in revenue service. Blt 01/2007.

by Wanderer

CSXT5408-5413 delivered. COA's signed. Units in revenue service.

by CP Wood

I was just getting ready to ask what day 5410, 5411, 5412 were delivered as they came down the Trenton Sub last night.

by NorfolkSouthernSean

Anybody have the GE Order # or any Builder's #'s yet?

by white 1

I caught 5411 & 5412 out of Rocky Mount NC. on the 17th. They were on the Q409-16 from Selkirk headed to Waycross Ga. This was the first train they pulled. The couplers wernt even rusted yet. Only diffrance we saw was on the conductors side they added a distance counter and new speed recorder display. My engineer found a bad draft coming from the switch panel on the back wall right behind his seat. Its only a matter of time before someone ducktapes it. Same bad dynamic brakes, and slugish power as the 52s and 53s. But hay, they look good anyway.