• 2005 Stone Train

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

by badneighbor

271 with newly patched paintjob, 261, 270 and the customary 40 cars made Ronkonkoma just before 11:00. Light rain, did video and photos. 271 looks... uh.... well....

by Scrap em Again

It does not look half bad, Give the patch paint some time to oxidize, then it will match the rest of the engine. In my opinion "Laquita Liberty" had to go! I wish they kept the "Screaming Eagle" though. A nice white stripe will make it look like the rest of NYA's rustbuckets!

by Long Island 7285

the eagle with a flag would look nice. make it look fearsom. no 911 tribute

or do somthing simmilar to UP with there building america logo.

it know the moneys gone, Above is just my imput
Last edited by Long Island 7285 on Tue May 10, 2005 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by freightguy

Can I have that last post in English? I would be more than happy to reply to your inquiries, just I literally just cannot read them. Use that spell check 7285![/b]

by tushykushy

I still don't understand why they would dump the money in painting over a mural that had a significant meaning, especially to the NY area. If anything, they should've used the paint on 268 with the grafitti that's on the side of the long hood.

by badneighbor

271 doesnt look bad, just different. needs the stripe. 261 needs paint too, but then again the whole fleet needs to be sent to 'Extreme Locomotive Makeover'

by DogBert

The rocks are here. Inbound. Right now as i type this. I'll assume they'll be leavin' FP in the morning for prima...

by Long island Joe

Hi Guys The Store Train Passed By Deer Park at 10:30am with 271-270-155 and 40 Car's.

by SeldenJrFireman

Caught my first stone train at KO today. I saw a bunch of people with Cameras in the west end of the parking lot wondering what was going on. Then I heard 271's horn.

I am really pissed off that the mural is gone!

by tushykushy

Ah yes, my party of 3 caught the stone train thru Farmingdale around 10AM.... and again at Pinelawn after getting the clear out of FARM2. I was hoping to see 159 in the consist.... but that didn't happen.

Is 271 any different with a new traction motor in there?

by emfinite

Major foaming action over in Farmingdale and Pinelawn today:

by badneighbor

where were you selden? i was there. hey... where did the hoppers come from on the westbound trip? the next place they come from is usually Yaphank?

by tushykushy

They brought back 25 emtpies from Prima on the return trip west.

by badneighbor

ok... i didnt think they used other types hoppers at prima, the units going west didnt have the decks on the ends of the cars like the normal units.

by SeldenJrFireman

Bad Neighbor,

I was at the west end of the station on the south side practicing parallel parking for my roadtest. I just happen to catch a glimps of a gray van with people standing all around it with cameras at the ready. I said to myself, "what the hell are they doing?" then i realized the stone train was coming when i heard 271's horn. I tookoff down to the east end of the station to take pictures, Yet, we went to KO after Driver's ed and the camera wasn't in the car. After that we went home. I don't know what came back with them going west.

Mike