• 1 or 2 MPs cleared for service

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by train2

I have had a report that 1 or 2 of the MPs have been cleared for service. But may not be in serivce yet. No one has reported seeing any as we know.

Any chance these guys are running on the later trains, say after the rush is over? That would be a way to keep them out of trouble if they fail?? Just thinking out loud.
  by realtype

train2 wrote:I have had a report that 1 or 2 of the MPs have been cleared for service. But may not be in serivce yet. No one has reported seeing any as we know.

Any chance these guys are running on the later trains, say after the rush is over? That would be a way to keep them out of trouble if they fail?? Just thinking out loud.
Thanks for the update. Nah, as far as I know there are no MARC consists running exclusively at night. Apart from the two gallery car sets which make one round trip each day on the Brunswick Line, all MARC equipment are used for multiple trips.
  by HokieNav

I just posted this in the other thread a few days ago:
HokieNav wrote: I've heard that testing is complete and there are no technical problems with the equipment, and that the rest of the order is sitting in Boise ready to be shipped (the earlier picture certainly makes this appear correct), but the state can't their stuff together and get them into service.

I submitted a question from the "contact us" portion of the MARC website and asked what the holdup was, we'll see what they have to say for themselves.
I hear that they've been cleared for service, but there are admin "issues" that are preventing them from entering service.

I got a response from MARC saying that they were still undergoing FRA testing and hope to be in service in August. I'm not buying it though.