• 03/07/05---Status of the NYA locomotive fleet

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

by emfinite

Fresh Pond as of Saturday afternoon showed SW1200 9373 coupled to MP15AC 159 working the yard along with SW1001 101/106 on the RS-70 at Fremont. The 156 and 105 were coupled together (dead) on one of the yard tracks and the 9321 and 151 were dead on the shop tracks. The 151 had part of its hood taken off with blue tarp covering it, I guess where the generator would be? I hear that unit will be going to KY soon for some new components.

The 155 and 270 are on the RS-50/60 and I'm not sure about the 3 other Geeps. I'm guessing two of the 3 are on the RS-30 while the other is in the shop or derailed somewhere on the Bay Ridge.

Joe

by mainline

The RS 60 had 261 and 268 as power as of last thursday. I haven't seen them this week yet. I wonder where 271 is?

by emfinite

My bad... I think 155 and 270 are on the 30 while 261/268 are on the 50/60.

by DogBert

If 151 gets sent out, will ya know ahead of time when it might move and interchanged to what RR? If on csx, i wouldn't mind getting a shot of it going over the bridge leaving town...

by Jayjay1213

The 271 is another victim of the deadline. The 151 it turns out will not get shipped out. The freight cost was too high to send it to KY, so the generator was pulled out and shipped via truck to be repaired.

by tushykushy

What ashamed man...

Are talks about getting more power becoming more serious?

156, 151, now 271. 3 road engines are dead. Yikes..

by DogBert

stone train season can't come soon enough. :D

Didn't this happen last spring? Seems like winter takes it's toll.

by jayrmli

This happens every Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter.

Jay

by Mr GP10

Ok..... let me get this straight........ there is a wopping grand total of 5 engines O/O/S for who knows how long? and for what ever reasons. Lets see...... there is the 105 151 156<-- will this poor thing ever run again? 9321 and now 271. Oh I forgot there still is 201 waiting to be destroyed. egads. To bad that cant come back did I miss anything? Sorry to be a wise ass here but 5 or 6 units not running to well here dosent seem to cool. I guess theres no newer units on the horizon now is there? :wink:

by DogBert

Hey, if the engines are this bad and 'old school', what's it like in the 'office' ? Does everyone have to share a typewriter to send letters out? is there an internet connection ? :P
Last edited by DogBert on Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by jayrmli

To calculate payroll, they use an abacus. :wink:

Jay

by DogBert

Wow. I thought they'd at least have a slide rule.

by Knife-Switch

Our moderne office facilities....

and state of the art communication....

by jayrmli

The communications device in the last picture is too complex. Either they yell through the walls in the office, or have a set of tin cans and string to talk through if all else fails.

The emergency line is the can painted red.

Jay