Railroad Forums 

• Yard on I-90 In Chicago

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#114249  by R44 5212 A Train

When I went to Chicago about a year ago and was driving on I-90, I saw this yard. On the way there, I saw a set with BNSF GP60M 167(in pure ATSF paint!)and NS SD70M 7523. On the way back, the set I saw was NS C40-9W 9007(Horsehead!)and BNSF AC4400CW 4423. Is this yard owned by NS or BNSF? I saw a lot of both in there. Also, a book I have has a pic of an ATSF B40-8W in a busy yard in Chicago, and it calls it Corwith Yard. Is this Corwith Yard, and if not, what is it called? I've been wondering this, and I'd like to know. After all, wouldn't you be curious if you unexpectedly saw long trains on an already fun-filled vacation?

#114343  by AmtrakFan

I believe it is the NS yard along the Chicago Skyway.
 #114574  by R44 5212 A Train

It was the Chicago Skyway. But is this Corwith Yard? No wait a minute, that's BNSF, so what is the proper name for this yard?

#114815  by CN_Hogger

I beleive that would be Calumet Yard. I might be wrong though, been awhile since I've been over that way.

BTW, Corwith is by I-55 and Pulaski.
 #114873  by R44 5212 A Train

Reember, I was only there once!

Nice transit system you guys got over there, though...I was very impressed...didn't ride Metra though, only the buses and subways.
 #116915  by bearclaw36

The NS yard alongside the Chicago Skyway is PINE MANOR Yard.

Ed Kaplan
 #117476  by CSX ENG

bearclaw36 wrote:The NS yard alongside the Chicago Skyway is PINE MANOR Yard.

Ed Kaplan
The yard is Park Manor, not Pine Manor........