Railroad Forums 

• WS-3 IN BUTLER

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#28562  by Phase Gap

ANYONE KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON WITH WS-3 TODAY IN BUTLER AREA. i HEARD THEM BACKING UP FOR A FEW MILES AND I CAN'T FIGURE WHAT IS GOING ON?

#28614  by trainfreak

Earlier i heard a report from a friend that there was a SU100 that had to reverse after it had stopped to not block a crossing. As for the WS3 part possibly the SU100 crew outlawed and the WS3 crew took over for the rest of the journey. Thats all i know of.

A note about the SU100 in the locomotive consist it has an ex Guilford unit in it. So look for this unit to head west on the SU99 tonight unless it is cut out for local service.

#28684  by Phase Gap

OK THANKS. I WILL TAKE A LOOK AT SU-99 PAPER WORK WHEN I GET TO WORK TO SEE IF THAT UNIT GOES WEST TONIGHT. THANKS AGAIN
 #29394  by n01jd1

The SU-100 stalled on the grade heading east out of Oakland. They tried backing up and making another run on the hill but stalled again. Word has it they had to back up again to clear the crossings and send two more locomotives up to rescue the train. Of course that tied up traffic in downtown Oakland for a couple of hours!!

Phase Gap wrote:ANYONE KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON WITH WS-3 TODAY IN BUTLER AREA. i HEARD THEM BACKING UP FOR A FEW MILES AND I CAN'T FIGURE WHAT IS GOING ON?

#30270  by GSP163

No wonder why I saw 2 locomotives quickly moving toward the Oakland area that day.....I knew something had to be up.