Railroad Forums 

• Wooden caboose database

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1008364  by BR&P

Does anyone know of an existing database for the NYC wooden cabooses? I'm not a member of the various NYC societies or on-line groups but am not aware of any such listing. For many years I have been keeping my own list of what I come across, including book photos, on-line pics such as George Elwood's site, and info I have regarding assignments, scrappings, wrecks etc. No particular purpose to it except curiosity and posterity. If anyone is doing something similar I'd be interested in comparing notes, and if such a compilation is already posted somewhere I can add to it.
 #1008398  by pbass

there is a wooden NYC caboose currently under restoration at the Danbury Railway Museum.
 #1008428  by BR&P

Perfect example. I show that to be the 19322, which used to be at a restaurant? Sounds like it now has a good home. Any idea where it used to be used when in service?