Railroad Forums 

• WMATA train to dispatch frequency

• Discussion related to railroad radio frequencies, railroad communication practices, equipment, and more.
Discussion related to railroad radio frequencies, railroad communication practices, equipment, and more.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#463942  by wmatarailfan

Hello I was wondering if anyone knows about wmata railroad frequencies, because I know that the orange line and the blue line is 160.380 but that is just Central talking to the train operators does anyone know the wmata frequency that is for the train to central, because everywhere I look I can't find the frequency that I can hear the train operators talk to central. does anyone have this frequency?

#464327  by Aa3rt

Try this link: http://www.radioreference.com/modules.p ... R&aid=2589

Last updated on Oct. 17, 2006 it does indicate that Metro is in the "process" of moving all operations to a 490 MHz digital trunked system.

#464633  by wmatarailfan

Thanks for your help , I looked and I guess that they have already switched to the 490 frequency but trying to figure out what is the correct frequency that the train operators talk to central. The 160.380 is the frequency that you can hear only central talk to the train operators but you can't hear the train operators talk to central. I wonder what frequency it is because I guess the train operators are on a different frequency.

#464726  by Conrail4evr

wmatarailfan wrote:Thanks for your help , I looked and I guess that they have already switched to the 490 frequency but trying to figure out what is the correct frequency that the train operators talk to central. The 160.380 is the frequency that you can hear only central talk to the train operators but you can't hear the train operators talk to central. I wonder what frequency it is because I guess the train operators are on a different frequency.
Perhaps you're just too far away to pick up the trains themselves.