• winslow junction to vineland

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by JJMDiMunno

roymickle wrote:Collings Lakes is the name of the development next the bridge. Cedar Lake is down the line a mile or so. I thought the names were fine (that's my two cents).
OK, so that's where I got that from...but I'm still doing good here tonight even...that bridge is over Hospitality Creek, not Cedar Lake...

So, for the record, the location is Hospitality Creek, in Collings Lakes, about 1.25 miles north of Cedar Lake, according to the timetable I'm now reading...

Mike DiMunno

by David

Now you have it Mike. I have always called the area Collings Lakes and thinking the water by the bridge was "Collings Lake". I guess that is where you heard it first was when we were there this past summer to watch the repair job begin. At one tme, from what I understand, it was a nice resort where many people came to spend the day to picnic and swim. I do not believe there was ever a station stop there. Would be a good question for someone. Many lakes had station stops near-by ie. Clementon, Grenloch Lake, and Blackwood Lake.

by Nacho66

Are all of these pictures from the same line that crosses Rt. 72?
This is the same line that goes thru Chatsworth, right?
About 25 years ago, I hiked from the Batsto Creek area to Chatsworth on this ROW with my Scout troop.
  by 1st Barnegat

JJMDiMunno wrote:Hey guys,
Well here it is...photos for all of the completed bridge at the lake on the ex-CNJ (SRNJ Vineland IT)...these were both shot from the south side of the span:

http://members.aol.com/jjmdimunno/CollingsLakes.jpg
http://members.aol.com/jjmdimunno/CollingsLakes_2.jpg

Enjoy everyone.

Mike DiMunno
Is that completed bridge wooden construction? Even though the abutments appear to be new concrete, there seems to be something in the water at the distances apart wooden construction pilings would be.

In any case, it sure is good to see something new being made.
  by CRB

First Barnegat wrote:Is that completed bridge wooden construction?
No, that bridge is all steel. Even the pilings appear to be new.
  by 1st Barnegat

CRB wrote:
First Barnegat wrote:Is that completed bridge wooden construction?
No, that bridge is all steel. Even the pilings appear to be new.
Thanks! I wondered about that, with the Winslow Junction to Vineland track being ex-CNJ Southern Division. Further north on what was once an intact line, the now ConRail Shared Assets bridge over the Metedeconk in Lakewood is still wood. Carries SA31 once or twice a week from Browns Yard toward Lakehurst.