Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#1355806  by GirlOnTheTrain

Nice to see an article not dumping on the MTA or its employees for a change.
Most New Yorkers spend all or part of their subway rides secretly hoping to be the subject of a Craigslist Missed Connection (which will totally happen someday! Maybe. Probably not.). When you aren’t having chance encounters with your future bae, you may wonder how 1.751 billion riders on 656 miles of track keep moving. The trains are driven by dedicated (and badass) subway operators who make sure you arrive at your underground sex party -- or, you know, “dinner” -- on time.
Full article found here.

Most of the information contained here probably isn't earth shattering news for those who frequent this forum, but for the general public it might be any eye-opener that the "conductor" does not drive the train, and that the train operator does, in fact, have to adhere to a schedule among other things!
 #1356117  by GirlOnTheTrain

AFAIK no.

I remember something popping up when I loaded the page, you can get rid of it. I think it's more of a mailing list type thing than a paywall.

I have no issues accessing the page both on PC & phone.