Railroad Forums 

• Why is good rail transit $$$ ok for DC/NOVA but not Richmond VA??

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

#1620108  by RayT

If I ran Richmond I would have put in a light rail to the University from downtown and streetcar along the riverfront years ago using the old CSX Branch Line. I would have also run a commuter shuttle train from the Suburban Henrico Amtrak Station to the Downtown Station. Oh yes and I would have decent weekend suburban bus service as well. Fpr a state capital of its size It has a sorry public transit system almost as bad as Indy Indiana
 #1620170  by scratchyX1

RayT wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:46 am The River line streetcar would run along the canal S down Dock street to Rocketts Landing Condo Development
the study
https://planrva.org/wp-content/uploads/ ... 082008.pdf

A streetcar on dock street, or across from it? I see the use of one following the virginia capitol trail, which is built on a former spur, anyway.